Monday 6 July 2015

Review: L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil Hair Care

Can I just say, this packing was so damn difficult to photograph without making it look warped. But, I did my best! 
HAIR CARE! We all know it's my favourite thing to talk about! If there's something to do with hair, throw it at me, I love it! But recently after a bad reaction to some ingredients in a professional colour, my hair ended up like chewing gum, I cut loads of it off, and now left with severely damaged hair. It was only a venture I'd do on myself, never a client, so I've only got myself to blame. I did a few hot oil treatments, but my hair still needed loads of help. I saw these guys advertised on the TV and went over to Boots and picked them up.

At first impression I was pretty sure these wouldn't do anything, after trying a variety of very 'nourishing' and 'moisturising' from all sorts of brands in the past, and having no luck. But I needed something that would help out my hair in anyway, to stop it falling out from the root like it was.


After trying it a few times, I noticed the silvery/grey tone in my hair dropped out quite rapidly (as it does with every non-silver shampoo) but I didn't want to use my silver shampoo as it's quite drying because it's very strong. So just using this shampoo and conditioner did leave me with healthier LOOKING hair which does feel somewhat healthier straight after washing. I'm currently using no heat on my hair to try and improve the health also.

Using the shampoo and conditioner alone did help with the touchable condition of my hair. But the silver colour wash dropping out pretty fast, so in the end I've began mixing this shampoo with my current silver shampoo, to keep topping up the colour, with some added nourishment. It did just that, although not with the extreme effects before. The ends of my hair were still quite thirsty, but overall it kept my hair feeling healthy. The hair only felt slightly more dry because of the silver shampoo though.


Now, down to the science, the shampoo and conditioner contain six flower oils. It's well known certain types of oil are good for the hair, and can improve the health. But in the short term, these products have slightly improved the overall health of the hair. In the long term I do feel like it would dramatically improve the structure of my hair if I included their oil and mask. I don't feel like it's dramatically improved the health of my hair just yet, as there are still ends breaking off, but that's to be expected with longer hair, it is not breaking off from the root anymore, and the roots are feeling much healthier now, after just using the product for a few weeks. 

I definitely recommend giving these guys a go, as they are a fantastic drugstore option to give your hair a treat when it's feeling thirsty and needs a good condition. It gives the hair a lovely shine, soft feel and I love the scent of it, it's not overpowering, but stays in my hair for quite a few days. 

Buy the Shampoo: CLICK HERE
Buy the Conditioner: CLICK HERE
^Seriously I recommend giving these guys a go, they're great!^

Until Next Time,
Harley. X 

No comments:

Post a Comment