Wednesday 5 February 2014

Kryolan Supracolor 24 Palette | Review

When I started out as a makeup artist, I saw so many people on YouTube raving about this product and I was itching to try it. So when I had the chance to buy it from Charles Fox in London, I jumped at the chance. This palette retails at around £50 depending on where you get it and it includes 24 colours. There is also the option to buy this product with just 12 colours in too.

IMG_0442 IMG_0443

This is my palette, excuse that it's not very tidy, but I've been using it lots lately. I did lots of research on different ways to use this palette and I wanted to try lots out before reviewing it. I've done a SFX look with this which simulated deep cuts using just this paint, using the white and black to highlight and contour. It worked amazingly for this and instantly fell in love with it. I've also used this palette in theatre, for live close up work and some film work.

IMG_0438

The colour pay off from this palette is amazing (as you can see from the swatches above) and it can be blended out really nicely, they can be made very subtle or very bright. I really like using the bright colours for clown looks because of the way they pop. The only thing that can annoys me about the palette is that it can smudge really easily and will definitely need setting with a makeup setting spray or a translucent powder. I definitely think this palette is worth a try though and it has many different uses.


This concludes my first post on here. I hope you enjoyed reading :)


Keep it creepy!

Harley.

No comments:

Post a Comment